Monday, November 9, 2009

Regional Celebration in Portland















I had the best time at the Portland Regional Celebration. It was so cool to meet Jeanette Lynton. She is an incredibly gracious lady with a huge heart. I'm amazed at all she has accomplished and all she still wants to do.


Regionals was cram-packed with news from HQ, business classes, a special project taught by Jeanette, a sneak peak at things to come, and lots of great techniques learned in the creative classes. I always thought I was a little bit of a pessimist - well after taking Christine Whitfeld's class I now know I'm really a determinist. I'm still trying to figure that one out.


I was horribly rude as I interupted my first business class to run to the front of the class and grab sticky boy! I'm so happy I finally have one all to myself. Who's that you ask? He's the first stamp by Jeanette from back in 1988. He was the first one made for testing of the clear My Acrylix stamps. As the legend goes, when they were brainstorming names for the clear stmaps David, Jeanette's husband, said to call them 'sticky boys'. Well sticky boy has shown up at every Close to My Heart consultant event ever since. He is left everywhere from door stops, to bathrooms, to under chairs for consultants to find. We had tons of fun searching for him over the 2 days we were there.


I have many more pictures to show of all the projects we made. I'll post those next. If you want to learn how to make any of these great projects email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment