Tuesday, November 17, 2009




The owner of the Red Coach Restaurant, arguably the best hamburger place in Portland, asked me to design a card for her to put together to send to her best customers. Her 300 best customers. She has a database of over 2000 customers that she sends birthday coupons to. She tracks those that use coupons and wants to send them a handmade Christmas card. So I came up with a simple design for her to do in stages. She loved it, handed me her credit card and said "just order whatever you need". I got over 600 tags cut since I got home at 5 tonight. I finished about a 1/2 hour ago. I managed to stop for dinner, kids homework, and mafia wars in between making tags. Gotta love a cuttlebug.
I deliver tags, card bases, envelopes, stamps, inks, and ribbon to her tomorrow. She has the tough job of stamping and assembling all 300 of them. Luckily I was able to keep her costs down and she's able to make the cards at a cost of about 35 cents a piece for consumable products. Once she adds postage she's still under $1 per card. Well worth it to get business in her door and hopefully a referral or two for me (oh and a free lunch for cutting all the tags - did I mention that they are the best hamburger place in Portland?).

No comments:

Post a Comment