Sunday, September 6, 2009

Autumn/Winter Catalog Swaps!

3 times a year when the new catalog comes out I get the privilege of participating in a catalog swap. Our director Julie organizes the swap and everyone makes 42 of one item and sends it to her. She 'swaps' them and sends them back. The consultants that participate are truly creative and make some gorgeous artwork.

For all her hard work Julie gets to keep one of each item, plus she sends one to the corporate offices to be entered into the 'From the Heart' contest. At the last convention I found artwork from each person in my unit up on the art wall. It was really cool to see my card on that wall.

Below are pictures of the items I received made out of the newest papers from Close to my Heart using the latest embellishments.

Twitterpated!





I just love fall when everything turns colors. This is great paper for you pumpkin patch pictures or just to make some fun cards.

Jingle



This maybe non-traditional colors for Christmas but after working with it I really like it.! That little 4x4 card with the sparkly tag is mine.

Jingle Creative Basics



The creative basic kit is Christmas themed with candy caned striped paper that is printed in the diagonal pattern. It comes with grograin ribbon and is perfect for making all your Christmas cards. I will be holding a Christmas card workshop in October featuring this paper. 25 cards for $25. Check back for more information and to sign up!
Grace



Fall just has a grace about and this paper at first seemed very overwhelming with its large print dalias and sunflowers but it has grown on me after seeing the stunning artwork from other consultants. The catalog truly does not do this (or any) paper justice.

Sweet Home
Finally Sweet Home - these warm colors are perfect for cards or layouts that can be masculine or feminine. The stamp sets featured with this paper definitely give you all the comforts of home.
I'd like to thank everyone that participated in this swap. I have emailed several of them to tell them how much I appreciate their brilliant artwork. I gain so much more than card examples to show - I gain an appreciation for some truly great artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment