Monday, January 23, 2012

Look what I got done this weekend!

I've been working on dance albums for the kids as a way to catch up on years and years and years of photos.  I decided to take the kids formal pictures, group pictures, and the fun pictures by class and year and put them in albums for each of them.  I'm officially finished with 2004 through 2007.  Only 4 more years, 2 kids, 2-3 classes per year.  *Heavy Sigh* ok I have a lot left to do before I'm officially caught up through last year's dance recital.  However, I'm making progress. This first layout is the class photo and Macie's formal shot.  Look at that pose and those baggy pants.  :)

Macie's Jazz 2007



I'm just lucky that we have a fabulous photographer that sits through dance classes and takes THE BEST pictures and prints them up as 5x7s in black and white.  The black and white photos on the following layouts are from Liz Peck Photography and the color snapshots below are mine (or my husband's - note that he cut off Andrew's head? LOL)




Macie loves to dance.  She's very graceful - I have no idea where she gets it from. These photos were from just before her 8th birthday.



We had loads of people come to see the dance recital that year.  It was at the same time as my 20 year high school reunion.  (yes I just dated myself didn't I?)
 


My little dude loves to dance.  I just love this shot of him with all the little girls in his class.  His face says it all.  He was 4 when this picture was taken.  He turned 5 about 2 months later.
More pictures of Macie working hard to learn her recital dance.

For Macie's photos I used a Daydream Level 1 kit - gosh I miss those kits!  4 pages ZAP!  I used the Daydream Level 2 for the others.  Harrison's photos are on Magnifique papers.

You have no idea how hard it is to match some of the dance costumes with their ballet, jazz, and tap outfits.  Well, for the girls that is.  Harrison has always been in some form of black.  Black with yellow, black with red, black with silver, black with turquoise and silver.  You get the idea.  I'm really lucky to be a Close to my Heart consultant and a paper hoarding issue.  I was able to go through my piles of papers to find the right ones to go with  their costumes.  The only additional item I needed was some silver papers for all those outfits of Harrison's that have silver in them.

If you are looking to catch up on your scrapbooking, you can join me at my monthly crop.  Next crop date is February 25th from 3pm until around midnight.  Please bring some food to share.  I have drinks, snacks, table space, and product on hand to purchase.  Plus my scrap pile and cricut are open for use as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment