Saturday, August 6, 2011

Is it a journaling spot or a bithday card?

Here I am as usual scrambling for an idea for a birthday card. Harrison, my 9 year old son, is attending a birthday party today and I'm drawing a blank for a card. So I as I'm sitting here on facebook chatting with Kim, I'm also checking out the rest of the Fabulously Artsy blog hop.
And Voila, there's my idea. It takes care of gift and card all in one! Right there on Elizabeth's Broken Treasure's blog! She's turned the Decor Journaling spots (X1461 $5.95 for 12) into fabulous gift tags for Christmas.
So I 'scraplifted' her idea and made this cute little birthday card for the party today. I'm off to Target to add a gift card to it now. I used the cupcake from the new Art Philosophy cricut cartridge and scraps from my bins. I added one of the bling buttons from Bling Assortment (Z1466 $4.95 for 18 pcs) and some bitty sparkles (Z1263 $2.95 for 100).
Thanks to Elizabeth for her great idea and to Tresa (www.fabulouslyartsy.com) for having the blog hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment